If you are a member of the Warrior Forum you may have recently seen a plugin advertised that secures your Amazon hosted files against copying & downloading. I bought this plugin and it does a great job.
However, if you missed the offer or didn’t know it existed then here is a site that lets you secure your S3 video files for free…
Bill Myers Online The service is free to use and as you can see below the instructions for use are easy to follow.
- Upload your video (or in the case of Camtasia Studio, the entire folder which contains your Camtasia output files) to your Amazon S3 folder or any folder on the web.
- If uploading to Amazon S3, edit the ACL for the video folder and set ‘Read’ to ‘Everyone’
- Enter the full url of the video or the page that displays the video into the form below. If displaying Camtasia videos, enter the full url of the html page Camtasia created to display your video
- Enter the height and width of the video into the form below – if the video has controls, pad the width by 5 pixels and the height by 25 pixels.
- Click ‘Create Protection Script’
- Copy the code that is created and paste it on your web page where you wish your video to appear
It’s a useful resource to keep handy – enjoy!